The BE2100 is an industry-leading, non-invasive biomass monitoring system designed for use in both research laboratory and industrial environments. It provides continuous, real time, and online biomass measurements of your fermentation culture.
The sensor is easily secured to the outside of a variety of different fermentor types, from small glass vessels to large stainless steel vessels with glass viewing ports. It can be utilized with either the BE2100 Base Unit, BE2400 Multiplexer or BE/USB converter (products listed below).
It can be controlled through BugLab’s data logging software via RS-232 or USB on the BE2100 base unit, or direct control through the BE/USB converter, or utilize the analog output on the BE2100 base unit or BE2400 multiplexer enabling straightforward integration into a fermentor control system.
- Industry-best wide linear range from <0.1 to >300 OD units
- Automated, continuous, real-time, online OD measurements
- Multiple laser-detector pairs ensures accuracy across different biomass range
- Designed to monitor cell density in large vessels > 1 L
- Measures through fermentor wall or viewing port – attaches to outside of vessel
- No immersion port required – avoids fouling and contamination
For More Information
BE2100 Noninvasive Biomass Monitor for BE2100 Sensor
The BE2100 provides digital display of the BE2100 sensor readings and can be used independently without the data logging software. The BE2100 base unit comes equipped with serial RS-232, USB and 4-20 mA analog outputs. A second analog output provides the ability to monitor growth rate in real time.
*Run a cascade control utilizing your fermentor controller and software by integrating with the BE2100 analog output.